Many people have heard of Buyers Agents or perhaps you have seen Buyers Agents in action on popular lifestyle tv shows, but there is a common misconception that Buyers Agents are only for the super wealthy. In fact, a Buyers Agent can assist you no matter whether you are a first home buyer, investor, downsizer or upgrading to a larger family home.
“The role of a Buyers Agent varies from client to client, our approach is very much tailored to each individual buyer” says Brady Yoshia, Director of Belle Property Advisory, “some clients only require us to bid at auction or handle the negotiations on their behalf while others are time poor and make use of our full range of services – from sourcing properties, conducting due diligence and liaising with all key parties involved in a property purchase”.
According to Brady, there are 7 key roles of a Buyers Agent which are outlined below:
- Access to all properties available, not just those that are advertised online “for sale” – locating, sourcing and researching suitable properties
- A dedicated property professional on the Buyer’s side every step of the way – looking out for your best interests
- Stronger negotiating power and confidence that you will not pay too much – achieving the best possible price
- Removes the emotion and potential feelings of discomfort bidding at auction – a winning advantage over the competition
- A valuable resource for people who are time poor – arranging inspections and liaising with all important parties on your behalf
- A discreet buying option for people who want privacy – keeping your property plans private
- Removes geographical challenges – a great solution for those who are interstate, overseas or relocating
Overall, it is the Buyers Agent’s role to understand your unique property requirements which means that the process is simplified, stress free and even fun!
Below are case studies from some clients that Brady & the team at Belle Property Advisory have recently worked with:
Case Study 1
Buyer profile: young family looking for a primary residence. Upsizing to a larger family home.
These buyers were introduced to Belle Property Advisory after they had been trying to purchase a property on their own for over 12 months. They had been outbid at auction on multiple properties and as they had been searching for so long, the local selling agents no longer returned their calls, dismissing them as “time wasters”. They were frustrated and felt that they would never buy. Within 2 weeks of engaging a Belle Property Advisory, we successfully presented several exclusive off-market properties and they bought their dream home in the prime location.
Case Study 2
Buyer profile: investors wishing to add to their property portfolio.
As repeat clients of Brady’s, this couple wanted to add to their investment portfolio. Both are busy professionals within the medical industry who are extremely time poor. Due to long work hours, they had little time to source and inspect properties on their own. Brady worked with them to shortlist a couple of properties that fit their criteria – potential for a solid rental return, strong capital growth and no renovations required. Once they selected their preferred property, Brady conducted due diligence and secured the property prior to the scheduled auction.
Case Study 3
Buyer profile: first home buyers with a limited budget.20
These buyers were referred to Belle Property Advisory by their mortgage broker. Their pre-approval was close to expiring and they were confused about what they could actually afford to purchase. Considerations that had to be factored in included school catchments, their family’s lifestyle and commute times to work. Over a period of 3 months we explored several suburbs based on preferred local schools and budget. We finally found a lovely freestanding house that they could move in and enjoy with the scope to add value later on down the track.
For a complimentary consultation and to find out about exclusive rates for Mum CFO members, please contact Brady Yoshia on 0414 805 305.