Blogs are an extremely popular way to earn a passive income while you work from home. We’re going to outline the essential steps you have to take to set up your blog, and we’ll also talk about how to monetise it.
1. Pick a Web Hosting Service
Your web hosting service will provide the bandwidth, storage and speed you need to get a fast and responsive blog. Look for a straightforward site that is easy to use and has great customer service.
2. Pick Your Website’s Address
Think of your website’s address like your blog’s street address. It’s where readers will go to find your blog. It must be unique, easy to spell and easy to remember. If it’s not available as .com, try .net.
3. Choose Your Blogging Platform
Your blogging platform is the site you’ll use to publish your content for your readers. WordPress, Weebly, and Wix are three extremely popular blogging platforms. Just make sure your platform works well with your hosting service.
4. Build Your Website
Now comes the fun part. You’ll design and build your website. Choose a theme and create your blog’s menu. You can tweak it until you’re happy, and most blogging platforms have responsive customer service to help you along.
5. Start Writing
Use catchy titles, edit and break up large sections of text for your readers to be able to scan. Incorporate some keywords to generate leads, and produce helpful content that you think your readers want to see.
Monetise Your Blog
Once your blog is off and running, you want to try to monetise it. This is where your passive incomes in. Simple things you can do include:
- Advertisements – GoogleAdSense is one of the biggest advertisement networks available, and it automatically serves display ads on the side of your screen when you browse. You get paid each time someone clicks on your ad. This is a great start to expand your blog’s reach.
- Affiliate Programs – With affiliate marketing, you include a company’s link in your blog content. Each time traffic moves from your blog to the affiliate company, you get a small part of the sale price. There are hundreds of affiliate programs available to choose from, and you can apply for several.
Prosper Taruvinga was born in Zimbabwe and now living in Melbourne, Australia, with wife, Angela and daughters Kaliyah and Alania. A die-hard about personal development, lifestyle design and entrepreneurship, Prosper is a lifelong student of life constantly striving to become the best man that he can be and to help others along the way. He is inspiring others to achieve a happier existence and businesses that are profitable and enjoyable through Digital Marketing and SEO on his website www.tweakmywebsite.com.au. He believes everyone has the chance, yours is around the corner if you allow yourself to grab it.